Behind any successful company is an engaged and talented team of employees.
Gen-El-Mec Associates, Inc. has been a quality manufacturer of precision machined parts and prototypes since 1960. We have built our reputation on offering the highest level of quality and customer service available. This reputation has been built as a result of hard-working individuals who have risen to meet the challenge. Together, we have achieved a tradition of excellence!
If you’re looking for a challenging position with room for growth and learning, we’d love to have you join our team! We’re extremely employee-oriented and we offer paid full benefits, including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, 401k + Matching, Paid Time Off, Bonus Potential and other unique perks!
As a company, Gen-El-Mec Associates, Inc. has been steadily growing in our state-of-the-art building and acquiring new equipment (e.g. 11 Matsuura 5-Axis Machining Centers, 2 Yasda Micro Machining Centers and a brand new Matsuura MAM Vertical Machining Center ).
As a result of this growth, we have the following openings:
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reading and interpreting technical blueprints and design models
- Design tooling and fixtures to complete complex Aerospace and Semi-conductor parts
- Part programming from print and or model on MasterCam
- Setting up and operating CNC millers
- Choosing and loading the correct cutting tools for the material being machined.
- Troubleshooting issues during the manufacturing process.
- Completing quality control tests during the manufacturing stage.
- Cleaning and maintaining the machine.
- Training new staff on machine operation procedures.
- Technical writing of set up sheets required
- Communicate concerns to management and appropriate individuals
- Ensures customer specifications and quality standards are met
- Other duties, tasks, or responsibilities, as assigned by the Supervisor/Lead
- Utilizes measuring instruments and equipment such as calipers, comparators, gages, micrometers, etc.
- Ensure all systems transactions are completed and documented (Job Traveler)
- Will report to the VP of Operations or designated personnel
- A minimum of 3 years MasterCam programming with multi-axis is required
- Experience with 3+2, 4+1, and full simultaneous 5-axis machining.
- Experience with Fanuc controls
- Camplete software experience a plus
- Prior Aerospace manufacturing experience preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
– Ability to read and understand blueprints with GD&T
– Strong communication skills: must be able to read, write and speak English
– Knowledgeable in the use of measuring instruments and equipment, including calipers, micrometers, thread gages, pin gages, optical comparators, etc.
– MasterCam Multi-axis programming
– Ability to work with various types of materials.
– Possess strong organizational and attention to detail skills
– Demonstrates initiative and be able to work independently with limited supervision
– Must be available to work extended hours (including weekends) as necessitated by production requirements
– Must be able to work in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
– Working knowledge of AS9100 quality system
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION
– High School Diploma or equivalent is preferred
– Manual dexterity: Frequent and repetitive use of hands and fingers
– Frequent walking, standing, reaching, pulling, and pushing up to 50 lbs
Gen-El-Mec Assoc. is a top provider of complex aerospace machined components and has been providing these services for the past 61 years. We’re located in Oxford CT in a state-of-the-art 30,000 sqft climate-controlled facility built in 2012.
Gen-El-Mec Assoc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All positions require access to information or technology that is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administrations (EAR). All applicants must be a U.S. Citizen or meet the definition of a “U.S. Person”.
Job Type: Full-time – 6 AM to 3:30 PM with overtime required
Paid time off
Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
Supplemental insurances (Aflac)
401k full company match up to 4% of salary
Short and long-term disability
Two bonuses per year, based on performance
Many other perks offered
Salary: $30.00 – $40.00 per hour dependent on experience
Please email T.Villano@gen-el-mec.com if you meet these qualifications.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.